L-1 Intracompany Transferee

Managers, executives, and especially knowledgeable employees who work outside the U.S. for a company that has an affiliated entity inside the U.S. may be eligible to obtain an L-1 visa to come work temporarily in the United States. Those L-1A transferees entering the United States to establish a new office will be granted a maximum initial stay of one year. All other qualified L-1 employees will be granted a maximum initial stay of three years. For all L-1A employees, requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to an additional two years until the employee reaches their seven year maximum stay on L-1.

This content is also available in: 简体中文

Get in Touch

Our immigration law experts will get back to you within 1 business day.